Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fresh Air is Therapy

Autumn is just around the corner (although it has already occurred on the calendar) and the temperatures are dropping slowly. I love going outside in the early morning, feeling the slight chill to the desert air. For me, this is the renewal time, my opportunity to turn off the A/C, open windows, air out the house, to feel energized again. It gives my mind a fresh feeling when I look at my clients' quilts. Contrary to what many feel, summers in the desert provide a hot, stifling atmosphere which can bog down the mind and body. Autumn is the ideal time here! As long as the pollens stay at bay I'm good to go.

A cup of coffee outside on the patio, some deep breathing, open the house up for a little while is enough to get me kick started and ready for the day!

Mary's quilt is on the frame...a king size with organic design quilting.  Open the window....let's GO!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Good to see you have updated. Did the wall get completed?
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wall is 90% finished. Adding a post about it

    ReplyDelete